Quality of timing chains

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quality of timing chains
From: "Ron Fine Esq." <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:50:55 -0700
Dear List,
    Is there any practical difference in quality of new timing chains?  I was
comparing my original chain with the new one just received from Moss.  The
original was made in England.  The rollers are solid and the link pins are set
with a center punch at each end.  The new replacement chain appears to be much
cruder.  Pins are set by pressing a lip on two sides of the pin which looks
like it would put more wear on the side link.  The rollers are split, not
solid.  Am I being too fussy or should I look for a better timing chain.
Ron
61 BN7