geez

Which program options give "accurate" ratings?

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Which program options give "accurate" ratings?
From: Arthur Emerson <vreihen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 20:34:46 -0700 (PDT)
I was just playing with the various program options in GEEZ V2.60,
and again encountered a nagging question as I made changes.
Starting out with the following options on one particular run
and changing one parameter at a time resulted in the following
ratings.

100% based on sustained peaks - 0.5 seconds; Display raw unadjusted
DATA:

Overall Rating: 99.00%
Usage Rating: 99%
Smoothness: 93%
Aggressiveness: 99%

Changing to absolute peaks results in:

Overall: 92.02%
Usage: 90%
Smoothness: 99%
Aggressiveness: 92%

Turning on display raw unadjusted RATINGS gives me:

Overall: 85.51%
Usage: 87%
Smoothness: 87%
Aggressiveness: 82%

Switching back to sustained peaks - 0.5 seconds:

Overall: 92.13%
Usage: 95%
Smoothness: 83%
Aggressiveness: 91%

[Unfortunately, I can't turn off display raw unadjusted DATA without
crashing my computer at this time, and I just submitted a bug
report.]

The nagging question is how to tell which combination of
options is "correct" for this run???  Personally, I like the
first options (99.00% overall!), but have to face reality that
I'm not the driving robot that GEEZ is trying to paint me as.
The second combo says that I was 99% smooth, while the fourth
combo says that I was only 83% smooth but 91% aggressive.  I'm
sure that I could find a combination of program options to
show myself anything that I wanted to, but it still doesn't
answer the question of whether I'm driving too aggressively,
too smoothly, or not getting good usage.  Which combo can
we all agree on gives the best representation in ratings?????

-Arthur
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list