geez

Re: Sample Rate Warning

To: "Dave Vasko" <davevasko@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Sample Rate Warning
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 09:54:34 -0700
Hi Dave (and list),

Forgive my late response, I'm in Indiana working with GM right now.
Long hard days, but very rewarding.  GEEZ is integral to our work here,
and it's fun to really put the software through it's paces with a
variety of cars and drivers.

Anyway, yes, we have a problem with the 10/7/00 version of G-Record.  In
the process of searching for and squashing the bug that annoyed the Palm
IIIx's (and all the X models for that matter) we also managed to lower
our sample rate to 7 or 8 hz with the Palm.  If you are using a non-X
Palm, the quick fix for now is to use the previous G-Record software.  I
will make it a point to get this up on to the website next week when I'm
back in the office.

The better fix, and the one that we'll complete shortly, is to let us
fix the software.  Give us just a week or two and we'll have this done.
 I have to review notes to make sure that when we get back to 10hz we
don't inadvertantly replace the bad code that hurts us on the X models.
 Other than that it should be easy and quick.

Regarding the defaults, it's pretty easy.  Go to the Setup Menu, and
select "Map Defaults".  This opens a file called "DEFAULTS.GAD".  Any
changes you make to that file, charts, colors, diary information such as
driver name, tires, car, etc, all of that becomes your standard default.
 Not that you can change this to make your charts include a friction
circle, or usage, or be half of the screen, or whatever you like.

Remember, there's about 250 pages of help screens built into the help
file for your system.  Using the Search and Find commands you'll find a
LOT of info in there!  But hey, glad to use the air time here to point
out this often overlooked feature!

--Byron
  888-909-0818

Dave Vasko wrote:

> I just tried my G-cube out at our first autox event and the results were very
> impressive (the data, not my driving) ,  but I received a sample rate warning
> on half of the downloads from my M100 to my laptop.  The palm is 2 weeks old
> and I'm running version 10/7/00 of the download program.  Does anyone know if
> there is fix is for this?  One of the previous postings said the 1/26/00
> version might work.  If so, if there a download location to get this file?
>
> Also is there a way to change the defaults (car, driver, tire) so that when I
> download the file to the laptop my values will be used.  I have set the
> defaults to my car on my laptop, but I still get Byron's data when I open each
> file after a download.  I know I can change each one and resave it,  but I
> thought there might be an easier way of doing it.
>
> Thanks in advance

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list
///