geez

Re: Black battery wire came off...

To: GSMnow@aol.com
Subject: Re: Black battery wire came off...
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:36:54 -0700
No components there that you should worry about damaging, so
go ahead and touch it with a spot of solder if that's easier
for you.  We would of course fix it for you at no charge if
you prefer.

Regarding the cigarette lighter adapter, we've had quite a
bit of call for this.  We just might offer one in the
future.  If you do one, be aware of possible noise issues
(sometimes manifests itself as a repeating "wave" in your
data while at rest, or simply as "noise" in the chart).
Also, you must be sure to get 8volts or more to the system.
Around 7volts you'll get a low battery message on newer
cubes w/ a PC.  That feature will also be on Palms shortly.

I can't bless everyone's homebuilt power supplies of course,
but done properly there's no reason why they shouldn't work
just fine.

--Byron