geez

thoughts

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: thoughts
From: dave dutton <dave@applemotors.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:37:30 -0700
re equalizer starts:
'usage' is graded and starts computing while we roll from the green flag to
the actual start of the timing.  I always try to maximize velocity in a
useful direction across the timing line.  Most times that means a normal
5,000rpm drag race style start (which starts Geez) and the cleanest/fastest
line to the start from there.  But sometimes it is not prudent to cook it
from the get-go.  It depends on the shape of the start to timing area.
Usage can be sacrificed for a good time.

I suspect that Geez writes 200 lines / second to the .gcd file in the 20
samples / second mode.  after a 70 second run one would expect a file of
about 15-1600 lines.  i got a 75,000 line file last Sunday.  You should see
the picture this sucker draws.  i use .36Gs to start and .2Gs to finish and
5 second delay.  so i probably turned the computer off while it was still
going and actually captured another run on the tail end of the same file
when i restarted it to make the next run ? probably i should set the delay
back down to 2 or 3 seconds.
also, i found one interesting thing while trying to grab the last 15-20,000
lines from the gcd file... as a stand alone run, all the stats: usage,
aggression, smoothness, etc were all maxed.  It could have been my last
run, but I don't think so.  how does cutting into a file were there are
going to be no zeroes to delineate the end of a run work?

I have trouble seeing the darned screen in the car; I will really apreciate
the keystroke to start.  Thanks in advance Byron.

Dave Dutton DP7