fot

Re: [Fot] SCCA TR6 and Spitfire for sale

To: LEE FOLLANSBEE <65356sc@msn.com>, Friends of Triumph <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SCCA TR6 and Spitfire for sale
From: DAVE HOGYE via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 15:35:57 -0800 (PST)

------=_Part_1378299_290233631.1636328157079

I agree.  If I had the time and energy, I'd snatch these cars up.  Too many
cars and too little time.  I've known of these cars for a few months, but
didn't want to share them widely until I had a chance to see them myself.  I
think they good cars and the engines sound great with the handling setup fully
sorted.  They started instantly and ran crisp and clean, revved easy and set to
idle perfectly.  They need tires and new seat belts.  Other than that, I'd say
they are ready to go and would sure fit in a few vintage organizations, VARA
being one of them, without much effort.   Although they are with lots of race
patina, they are rust free and the frames are apparently in great condition.
The Spit has GT6 brakes and front suspension and GT6 gearbox, special rear
axles and 4 link with the standard leaf spring arrangement.  The TR6 has Jag
brakes on the front, close ratio TR6 box.  The TR6 has both crank fire and
distributor in place and can be switched to distributor for cold starting.
Both have welded diffs.
The TR6 has a set of earlier rounded flared fenders.  Two new spare crank
shafts and a bunch of other good spares.  Spit has spare body panels, blocks,
heads, pistons...all kinds of stuff.  All spares are well organized, neatly
boxed and clearly marked.
Don has placed an add for the cars in next month's SCCA The Wheel magazine.
Dave H.

>     On 11/07/2021 11:52 AM LEE FOLLANSBEE <65356sc@msn.com> wrote:
>

>     Wow those look like bargains.
>
>     Someone buy these and go racing with VARA!

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
color: #333333;">
had the time and energy, I'd snatch these cars up.&nbsp; Too many cars and too
little time.&nbsp; I've known of these cars for a few months, but didn't want
to share them widely until I had a chance to see them myself.&nbsp; I think
they good cars and the engines sound great with the handling setup fully
sorted.&nbsp; They started instantly and ran crisp and clean, revved easy and
set to idle perfectly.&nbsp; They need tires and new seat belts.&nbsp; Other
than that, I'd say they are ready to go and would sure fit in a few vintage
organizations, VARA being one of them, without much effort.&nbsp;
&nbsp;Although they are with lots of race patina, they are rust free and the
frames are apparently in great condition.&nbsp;</span>
color: #333333;" class="default-style">
brakes and front suspension and GT6 gearbox, special rear axles and 4 link with
the standard leaf spring arrangement.&nbsp; The TR6 has Jag brakes on the
front, close ratio TR6 box.&nbsp; The TR6 has both crank fire and distributor
in place and can be switched to distributor for cold starting.&nbsp; Both have
welded diffs.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
color: #333333;" class="default-style">
earlier rounded flared fenders.&nbsp; Two new spare crank shafts and a bunch of
other good spares.&nbsp; Spit has spare body panels, blocks, heads,
pistons...all kinds of stuff.&nbsp; All spares are well organized, neatly boxed
and clearly marked.&nbsp;</span>
color: #333333;" class="default-style">
12pt;">Don has placed an add for the cars in next month's SCCA The Wheel
magazine.&nbsp; &nbsp;</span></span>
color: #333333;" class="default-style">
color: #333333;" class="default-style">
    Someone buy these and go racing with VARA!
color: #000000;">
    <hr style="display: inline-block; width: 98%;">
sans-serif;"><strong>From:</strong> Fot &lt;fot-bounces@autox.team.net&gt; on
behalf of DAVE HOGYE via Fot
Spitfire for sale</span>
color: #333333;" class="x_default-style">
Friends,</span>
color: #333333;" class="x_default-style">
connected with a retired racer that is selling his cars.&nbsp; That racer is
Don McCoy.&nbsp; The cars are in Half Moon Bay, California.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
color: #333333;" class="x_default-style">
cars today and I told Don I'd share them with you all.&nbsp; I think the cars
are terrific.&nbsp; They are work horse racers with lots of patina, but they
are well developed and put together with excellent components and are basically
ready to race.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
color: #333333;" class="x_default-style">
went through the drivetrains and brakes to refresh them for sale.&nbsp; They
haven't been raced since around 2001.&nbsp; Both cars were cold started and I
was impressed.&nbsp; They both fired immediately and sounded great.&nbsp; No
fuss or smoke.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
color: #333333;" class="x_default-style">
      The TR6 originally came out of Pennsylvania and Lanky Forshee helped set
up the front suspension.&nbsp; Don ran the car competitively against Lee Muller
here on the west coast.&nbsp;&nbsp;
color: #333333;" class="x_default-style">
      Don is asking $15K for the TR6 and $5K for the Spitfire.&nbsp; Spares
included.&nbsp; Body panels, drivetrain components, wheels and misc.&nbsp;
Also, radio communications for both cars.&nbsp; His asking price seems very
reasonable to me.&nbsp; I have no financial interest.&nbsp;&nbsp;

--===============1210737806072942914==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

--===============1210737806072942914==--