fot

Re: [Fot] Weird Race Weekend Question

To: fubog1 <fubog1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Weird Race Weekend Question
From: "van.mulders.marcel--- via Fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 13:17:09 +0100 (CET)
Cc: fot <fot@autox.team.net>

--=_716167e4-81ce-49e8-a0b6-05fac35fabfd

If the chain tensioner is badly worn (deep grooves) after a short time, thi=
s is a sign that the chain is moving wildly. This can happen when the chain=
 gears are not properly aligned : aligning the gears is very important and =
should be checked when a billet steel crankshaft or non original gears (Ver=
nier camshaft gear) are fitted. I don't know for the Spitfire chain tension=
er, but the TR 4 cyl tensioner does next to nothing for keeping the chain q=
uietly. Does someone know of a trick to replace this very weak tensioner wi=
th something stronger, or a tensioner that is working with the oil pressure=
?=20
Marcel=20