fot

Re: [Fot] List numbers

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] List numbers
From: robert bownes via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 11:45:46 -0400
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>

--000000000000efd27e058bc33d2f

I'd like to add my thanks to Mark for feeding my addiction for all these
years, and encourage all of you to note that he does this purely as a
labour of love, and ask each of you to think about clicking the 'donate'
link at the bottom of this email to help fund the infrastructure (server,
internet access, disks, etc) that Mark has so graciously provided for lo,
these 30 years.

On another historical note, the team.net domain turned 28 this past May
11th. Team.net was registered by our friend Bill Caloccia and is now held
(informally) in trust for the team.net community by myself. As an early and
memorable domain name, it has attracted many offers well into five figures.
The answer remains, as always, it is not for sale.

Bob

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 10:11 AM Mark J Bradakis via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> The recent additions bring the number of folks on this list to 360.  It
> seems it wasn't that long ago we were just a group of 44.
>
> For some of the new folks a little history.  This list was set up in
> December of 1996, a spinoff off the triumphs@autox.team.net list, which
> was a spinoff from the granddaddy of the lists,
> british-cars@autox.team.net.  At one point, there were about 65 active
> lists going.  Back then Team.Net was about the only game in town, now
> everybody and their dog has some sort of online presence, web sites,
> blogs, club forums, whatever.
>
> These days the number of lists has been trimmed down to just under 40
> lists, which can be found at

> And a pretty good record of past activity can be seen at
>
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> There is a TON of good info there, but it can take some doing to find it.
>
> I've been hosting Team.Net for about 30 years, it is quite a labor of
> love, well worth it, or I would not have spent roughly half of my life
> doing it.  Sure, many times I've been tempted to just pull the plug and
> say "Enough!  I am FINISHED with this [...]"  Like the time my ISP went
> belly up, so no DSL service, no Team.Net for something like 11 straight
> days.  But we survived, and this FOT list in particular is quite a gem.
> I will do what I can to keep it that way.
>
> mjb.

--000000000000efd27e058bc33d2f

for feeding my addiction for all these years, and encourage all of you to n=
ote that he does this purely as a labour of love, and ask each of you to th=
ink about clicking the &#39;donate&#39; link at the bottom of this email to=
 help fund the infrastructure (server, internet access, disks, etc) that Ma=
div><div>On another historical note, the <a href=3D"http://team.net";>team.n=
et</a> domain turned 28 this past May 11th. Team.net was registered by our =
friend Bill Caloccia and is now held (informally) in trust for the <a href=
=3D"http://team.net";>team.net</a> community by myself. As an early and memo=
rable domain name, it has attracted many offers well into five figures. The=
"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 10:11 AM Mark J Bradakis=
 via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&g=
t; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0p=
x 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">The re=
cent additions bring the number of folks on this list to 360.=C2=A0 It <br>
seems it wasn&#39;t that long ago we were just a group of 44.<br>
For some of the new folks a little history.=C2=A0 This list was set up in <=
br>
December of 1996, a spinoff off the <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.n=
et" target=3D"_blank">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> list, which <br>
was a spinoff from the granddaddy of the lists, <br>
rs@autox.team.net</a>.=C2=A0 At one point, there were about 65 active <br>
lists going.=C2=A0 Back then Team.Net was about the only game in town, now =
everybody and their dog has some sort of online presence, web sites, <br>
blogs, club forums, whatever.<br>
These days the number of lists has been trimmed down to just under 40 <br>
lists, which can be found at<br>
And a pretty good record of past activity can be seen at<br>
nk">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
There is a TON of good info there, but it can take some doing to find it.<b=
r>
I&#39;ve been hosting Team.Net for about 30 years, it is quite a labor of <=
br>
love, well worth it, or I would not have spent roughly half of my life <br>
doing it.=C2=A0 Sure, many times I&#39;ve been tempted to just pull the plu=
g and <br>
say &quot;Enough!=C2=A0 I am FINISHED with this [...]&quot;=C2=A0 Like the =
time my ISP went <br>
belly up, so no DSL service, no Team.Net for something like 11 straight <br=

days.=C2=A0 But we survived, and this FOT list in particular is quite a gem=
.=C2=A0 <br>
I will do what I can to keep it that way.<br>
mjb.<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/bownes@web9.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.n=
et/mailman/options/fot/bownes@web9.com</a><br>

--000000000000efd27e058bc33d2f--