fot

[Fot] Radiator

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Radiator
From: McKearn McKearn <mckearn2@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 21:50:53 -0500

--001a1140e87c7deb74051b1d5f46

Hi All.
 I just finished an awesome track day at Blackhawk with my gt6 and almost
everything worked great. It was a nice day of about 78 degrees and low
humidity but I couldn't keep the car from getting hot. Not sure exactly how
hot but I can tell you that I have a dual oil pressure / water temp gauge
and the water temp was all the way up to the 80 psi mark on the oil
pressure gauge. Also boiled out of my overflow tank and made a fine mess. I
know this has been a subject of debate with these cars in the past and I
have actually lobbied in favor of the stock radiators but now I just can't
think of any way to keep it.  Just to head off questions regarding cooling
system condition. I believe everything is in fine shape. New coolant. 195
thermostat. Hoses are fine. Good fitting shroud with electric fan and a 1
liter overflow tank. Radiator cap  is 7 lbs. The radiator was cleaned and
tested by a radiator shop and the guy told me it was in excellent
condition.  So I guess I'm looking for an aluminum replacement radiator .I
think I want a shorter. wider radiator. Any suggestions?
           Thanks.  P.J.

--001a1140e87c7deb74051b1d5f46

ack day at Blackhawk with my gt6 and almost everything worked great. It was=
 a nice day of about=C2=A078 degrees and low humidity but I couldn&#39;t ke=
ep the car from getting hot. Not sure exactly how hot but I can tell you th=
at I have a dual oil pressure=C2=A0/ water temp gauge and the water temp wa=
s all the way up to the=C2=A080 psi mark on the oil pressure gauge. Also bo=
iled out of my overflow tank and made a fine mess. I know this has been a s=
ubject of debate with these cars in the past and I have actually lobbied in=
 favor of the stock radiators but now I just can&#39;t think of any way to =
keep it.=C2=A0 Just to head off questions regarding cooling system conditio=
n. I believe everything is in fine shape. New coolant. 195 thermostat. Hose=
s are fine. Good fitting shroud with electric fan and a 1 liter overflow ta=
nk. Radiator cap =C2=A0is 7 lbs. The radiator was cleaned and tested by a r=
adiator shop and the guy told me it was in excellent condition.=C2=A0 So I =
guess I&#39;m looking for an aluminum replacement radiator .I think I want =
a shorter. wider radiator.=C2=A0Any suggestions?</div><div>=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=
=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Thanks.=C2=A0 P.J.</div></div=

--001a1140e87c7deb74051b1d5f46--

--===============6888986169985348739==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com