fot

Re: [Fot] detroit locker

To: Billb@bnj.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] detroit locker
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:07:06 EDT
--===============1053475227==

--part1_d27.26df320f.36ec08da_boundary

In a message dated 03/13/2009 12:20:31 PM Central Standard Time,
Billb@bnj.com writes:

> You just eliminated the option I'd take. You can get stronger axles,
> and that might suffice, but rolling a race car just isn't that much
> fun. If your axle breaks you really only want the race to be over, not
> the season.
>
> I don't know of any other option that retains the wheel if the axle
> breaks.

I can't explain it, but there was some sort of FORD rear axle conversion that
a guy in Florida came up with (Abacus?).  I know that John Harkness bought
one for his TR3A after rolling it over at GingerMan on time.  John told me that
it was big, heavy, and convoluting, but worked, and he didn't want to roll
over again.

But I agree that the Southwick conversion is the way to go (if he is still
doing them).  Seems to me I remember Uncle Jack saying Southwick was closing
his
shop and going to retire, but would do 'odds and ends' in his garage.  He did
good work, and seem to like doing stuff for Jack.

Bill Dentinger

**************
Need a job? Find employment help in your area.

--part1_d27.26df320f.36ec08da_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" SIZE=3D3 P=
TSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Baskerville Old Face" LANG=3D"0">In a me=
ssage dated 03/13/2009 12:20:31 PM Central Standard Time, Billb@bnj.com writ=
es:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">You just eliminated the option=20=
I'd take. You can get stronger axles,&nbsp; <BR>
and that might suffice, but rolling a race car just isn't that much&nbsp; <B=

fun. If your axle breaks you really only want the race to be over, not&nbsp;=
 <BR>
the season.<BR>
<BR>
I don't know of any other option that retains the wheel if the axle&nbsp; <B=

breaks.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Baskerville Old Face"=
 LANG=3D"0"><BR>
I can't explain it, but there was some sort of FORD rear axle conversion tha=
t a guy in Florida came up with (Abacus?).&nbsp; I know that John Harkness b=
ought one for his TR3A after rolling it over at GingerMan on time.&nbsp; Joh=
n told me that it was big, heavy, and convoluting, but worked, and he didn't=
 want to roll over again.<BR>
<BR>
But I agree that the Southwick conversion is the way to go (if he is still d=
oing them).&nbsp; Seems to me I remember Uncle Jack saying Southwick was clo=
sing his shop and going to retire, but would do 'odds and ends' in his garag=
e.&nbsp; He did good work, and seem to like doing stuff for Jack.<BR>
<BR>
Bill Dentinger<BR>
</FONT><BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Need a job? Find employment help in you=
r area. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=3Demployment_agencies&amp;n=