fot

Re: [Fot] Race opportunities in Northern California

To: "Greg Lunker Hilyer <lunkercars@earthlink.net>; jim hearn <jimhearn1@comcast.net>"@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Race opportunities in Northern California
From: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 22:30:22 -0600
Be careful, what qualifies as "Vintage in "Progressive New Mexico" is any car
that arrives with entry money.  The problem with SWMS and their progressivism
is cars with flares and slicks are allowed as well as refugees from Saturday
night ovals that feature schedule 40 front bumpers.  Vintage racing is about
the passion for the cars that participated in the golden era of road racing
and not weekly changing the rules to accomodate whatever car happens to be
rusting away in whoever's backyard.  So, get a car that qualifies and support
the best vintage racing in the country that is in your own backyard (CSRG,
HMSA).  You'll be glad you did and may even see a refugee from New Mexico,
putting around some track in Northern
California..................................Henry Morrison,  Albuquerque, New
Mexico   > From: lunkercars@earthlink.net> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:54:47
-0600> To: jimhearn1@comcast.net> CC: fot@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Fot]
Race opportunities in Northern California> > Little help you you in northern
Cal, but... Our club - Southwest > Motorsports [swms.org] is trying a
progressive approach to this > issue. We now accept what we call "Continuation
Cars" in our vintage > group. On the web-site under "forms" is a comprehensive
list of what > cars qualify. The idea being that if a car was in production in
'72 > and the basic specs/body type continued in production, the car would >
qualify. i.e. TR6 thru '76, Spits thru '80 etc. Word is getting out > and our
grids are growing. We tried also having a pre '67 "Pure > Vintage" group for
the purists, but never got enough cars to fill a > grid for a separate race
group. Our racers all preferred to be in the > larger group with the most
action. Might be something for other clubs > to look at. At least the clubs
that want to grow.> Come visit some time - Your '74 is welcome in New Mexico!>
Greg "Lunker" Hilyer> TR4 #314> Albuquerqeue NM> On Aug 8, 2007, at 9:38 PM,
jim hearn wrote:> > > I am autocrossing in Stockton and plan to do Atwater but
it looks like> > vintage racing is fairly limited for a '74 (cutoff seems to
be '67) > > TR6 in> > Northern California. Is there anything that I am
overlooking? Any > > ideas> > are more than welcome. Thanks, Jim in
Sacramento> >> > [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type
application/ms-tnef > > which had a name of winmail.dat]> >