fot

Re: [FOT] Thoughts on a TR tow vehicle

To: mjb@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Thoughts on a TR tow vehicle
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:22:45 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/2006 3:57:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjb@autox.team.net writes:

So what  do you think might be the towing capacity of a 1967 Ford Country
Squire  station wagon with the 390 cubic inch motor?

==AM==
I'd go for it. Ideally, you'll want to consider ways to slightly beef up
suspension, brakes, cooling, etc. (and maybe a transmission cooler), but it
should be just fine.

I "officially" learned to drive and took my road test in our '68 390 2V
Squire in "Gulfstream Aqua" and complete with Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic and
Philco AM radio. Great car for the most part (if you don't count the front
shock
that literally fell out when the car was about 2 years old and other typical
Quality problems of the day).

Considering how much incident-free towing I used to do with a 1974 Volvo
145, I think a Squire should do well and lend some needed class to the typical
pit row area. ;-)

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and  Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)