fot

Re: Oil - what kind?

To: "J Wagner" <jmwagner@greenheart.com>,
Subject: Re: Oil - what kind?
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 10:06:08 +1200
Overdrives appear to tolerate most things except aftermarket additives,
synthetics should be better as they are designed for a particular use rather
than being refined from base stock. Modern GL5 gear oils should never be
used in a Triumph diff as the additives attack the copper thrust washers but
there are synthetic/semi synthetic gear oils to GL4 for precisely these
conditions.
John Kipping