fot

Re: GT6 ring and pinion interchange?

To: "Erik Quackenbush" <erik@midwestfilter.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 ring and pinion interchange?
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:44:20 +1300
You certainly can't mix up different ratios as the size of the teeth are
different - mixing up different sets of the same ratio will result in noise
and premature wear so in general it is a waste of time and effort to build
and fit such a unit - but if you were stuck in the middle of the Sahara
Desert and it was the only way out then go for it.
John Kipping