fot

Re: Nomination of Tom Young to FOT list

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nomination of Tom Young to FOT list
From: tr3a@att.net
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:41:37 +0000
Larry,

I'm happy to second Tom's nomination, if only based on
what a great dad he has.  I grew up in a family where
the cars were a stream of Olds Delta 88's and
maintaining them meant adding gas and bringing them in
for an oil change and tune.  I don't know if my dad
every spun a wrench on a car.  I've learned everything I
know on my own, the lists (thanks mjb) and a few
individuals willing to spend some time with a rookie.

You, Uncle Jack and many others on this list are role
models for me.  We need to do everything possible to
bring the next generation along.  My kids are excited by
TR racers and are looking forward to seeing Peyote and
the other TR's again over the holiday weekend at the
Vintage historics in Seattle next week.  The kids are
also pretty excited about a AutoX kart, which I see as a
great stepping stone.

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A - street&AutoXer
1980 TR8 - future street&AutoXer,