fot

Re: VTR National in Breckenridge

To: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR National in Breckenridge
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@cstone.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:53:47 -0400
Hi SUsan,
     I got home last night (early this morning, actually about
1:30 AM - after almost 30 hours of drive time).  I'm sure glad
to be out of the truck for a while.

At 06:35 AM 8/27/01 -0500, Susan Hensley wrote:
>The dynamic trio of Bownes, Bradakis and Lye all vied for FTD at the
>autocross, but were thwarted by the cones that kept leaping in front of
>their cars (pictures coming soon!).  They each had scores in the
>36-second range (within tenths of each other), but each of them had two
>cones on their runs, which kept any of them from taking FTD

D*mn cones anyway!  I finally remembered how to drive on my
third run (fun run), but that's just too late.  Guess I'm a slow
learner.

>(he host club
>did an excellent job of putting an autocross in a tiny parking lot with
>some obstructions.  Everyone enjoyed it!

I was impressed that they could get a course that was that much
fun in a lot that size.  If it had been about 30% larger in both
dimensions, it would have been serious fun.

>I'm still waiting to hear how Joe (c)'s Spit, John's TR4, and Duncan's
>Gloria did!  (We had to leave early to haul our Amphi home at a
>reasonable rate.)

Joe (c) cleaned up in the trophies, taking home a first in class
in the autocross, FTD for the autocross, a trophy in the Participant's
Choice, and a trophy for the model and craft contest.  Congrats
Joe.  My TR-4 did not do anything in the show.  Duncan's splendid
Gloria won big time in the Concours (I'll let him spill the beans).
But almost nothing compares to the ride that I got in Dale Will's
Gloria up to the top of Hoosier Pass.  Thanks again, Dale.

>Breckenridge was beautiful and it was wonderful to get to spend time
>with so many of you.  I hope all of you who attended arrive(d) home
>safely, and those who weren't able to attend really missed a good time.

Amen to all of that.

I'm glad to be home, but I sure enjoyed seeing all of you.

Cheers,

R. John Lye

rjl6n@cstone.net