fot

FOT/VTR Trip Report (Oklahoma)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: FOT/VTR Trip Report (Oklahoma)
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:35:19 EDT
FOT

Subject: VTR Regional and New FOT Member (short)

The flying quadrangle of Triumph driving retirees went to Oklahoma VTR
Regional. (It was a quadrangle, as there were four souls in tandem, driving
Kent Howard's long term TR4 and Uncle Jack's TR6) Co-pilots were Joe and Aunt
Frances.

Enormous fun.  I could tell that Kent was having fun as he became quite
audible on the back roads of Missouri. I held on and only wimpered on the
blind decreasing radius curves.

At the end of about 50 miles of intense road course type terrain, we found
ourselves in Sparta, MO. While putting some air (as an afterthought) in
Kent's tires we discovered a new FOT member. Bill Preston and son Jason.
Bill, the owner of the station, has a TR6 lurking in one of the bays. SCCA
prepared and emblazoned with TRF decalomania, it holds some fast lap records
in E-Prod at Heartland and Las Vegas. I love these accidental meetings.
Almost "Twilight Zone", if you think about.

(Mark Bradakis: Please add Bill Preston  <Presto@alltel.net>  and you six
cylinder guys can welcome him to the fold)

When we crossed over into Oklahoma, Kent put the musical score of "Oklahoma"
into the tape player...and it ate it. Bad omen? Naw!!!

Green Country Triumphs put on a good event.

FOT content?

Paul Richardson's buddy, Duncan Woods (Gloria) was there with his wife,
Sheila. Delightful folks and not enough time was spent conversing with them.

The ex-Bob Kramer TR3A was there with new owner and FOT member Jeff Wilt &
wife. Yellow TR3A looked good and sounded good. Jeff is pumped up with first
outing last week.

Where was Bob Kramer? He was doing the corporate John Deere customer
entertainment routine (NASCAR) at Texas World Speedway.

Sunday Interstate Beeline on return, from Oklahoma to Iowa, (by way of
Illinois) was great....high speed run was good for about 67 mph average in
this aging British iron. Home shortly after dark, I shared a bottle of wine
with Linda, and passed out.

Joe Alexander