fot

Re: Early High Port Heads & Figure 8's

To: WEmery7451@aol.com
Subject: Re: Early High Port Heads & Figure 8's
From: BFEKENG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 00:53:57 EST
 We had to use these TR3 heads in the late 50's as there werent TR4 heads yet.
We milled .150" off ,but as terry ann pointed out we had immediate & severe
interference between the round bottom of the thermostat portion of the head &
the water pump. Our solution was to grind away the offending part of the
bottom of
the head extension & the matching part of the water pump housing until we had
approx. .025" clearance which we checked with a feeler gauge & a flashlight.
We found we could grind a lot of material off without going through any where.
We did however try to take half off of each. Worked very well.

Ken Gillanders