fot

Spitfire Cranks

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire Cranks
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:47:05 -0800
While going through some of my no longer spitfire parts (I sold that
car), I was reminded that I had two different 1147 cranks, and rod
sizes. Both have the slinger style rear seal.  One of them takes rods
that are about 1.08 inches thick, and the other takes rods that are
about 0.89 in. thick.  The last time that I bought bearings for an early
Spit they fit the narrower rods.  Does anyone know what the wide rod
journal crank was used in? A Herald perhaps? Any use for racing?

Joe