fot

Spitfire race engines.

To: Friends of Triumph Mail List <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire race engines.
From: Bill Manning <gripdad@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:53:46 +0000
Listers,
        I'm having no success in finding a 1296cc small journal engine block
for my
race Spitfire in the LA area. Does anyone have one anywhere for sale? Is
anyone using the 1500 block with good results? If so what did you do besides
the usual dual 40DCOE's, Carillo rods, Arias or whatever pistons, port, polish
& mill head with large valves and dual springs, header? I know-alot of
questions but I hope to be up and running by september for the VARA race at
Buttonwillow. Thanks in advance. -Bill- VARA E/P Spitfire #3 w/blown (not
supercharged) engine.