[Roadsters] Palo Alto Concours D'Elegance pictures!!!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Palo Alto Concours D'Elegance pictures!!!
From: alvin gogineni <alvingogi@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 07:19:18 +0000
Full-Album here:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/578029784KFFyws

This was my first Concours D' Elegance, and first time for the roadster!
We left ZCarGarage at 7am with three 240z cars and the roadster, weather was
nice but it did warm up to ~97 F at show.

As we entered the corral we were greeted with a bottle of wine! Remember, I'm
not used to this kind of treatment...these big-time show car guys know how to
do it :D

Attendants direct us to our staging spot, right next to the Cadillacs and
Ferrari's, that's right Japanese classic cars deserve a share of the spotlight
too!

There is a 2000GT already there!

The lineup included from left to right: '67 Toyota 2000GT, '68 Honda S800, '71
Skyline GT-R, '71 240z(RB26DETT), '71 240z(EFI), '67 Roadster(SR), '71 240z,
and a '73 'Rolla

People were smitten with the display. I could hear memories being conjured,
stories being swapped. It was great exposure for our cars, and quite endearing
to see this happen amongst all of the high dollar iron surrounding us :D

Rob told me that the GT-R in the group was real, and it had an S20. I nearly
lost it. I had to see it. The owner also has a real Z432, and the Kenimeri
Skyline!
 Anyway the hood opens and there it is in all it's twincam glory...the mighty
S20:

It's a visual feast, but so is the rest of the car, even the underbody. Look
at the finned diff cover. All parts that were original or available at the
time...very cool stuff.

After I took it all in , I figured it was time to check out the "other" cars,
and I can't describe or include all of the wonderful machines so I will just
list my favorites.
300Sls and Gulwings as far as the eye could see:

I really liked this Guiletta Sprint, the lines were so pretty:

The invitation included lunch, drinks and shade. We sat with David Swig and
chatted about  Japanese cars at more events.

Easily one of the best shows I've been to. Big thanks to David Swig for
inviting us and making a Japanese vintage car presence possible at this
event!

Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
67.5 SPL/SR20