Re: [Roadsters] freeze plugs

To: "Toby B" <RacerY@comcast.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] freeze plugs
From: "Bubba" <bubwin@mts.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 03:13:40 -0500
When you use a socket, don't use the biggest one that fits inside the freeze
plug, go one size smaller.  If you use a socket that just fits inside, you
may find it becomes stuck in the freeze plug once you have installed it.
The interference fit of the freeze plug causes it to compress a bit when you
tap it in, and may grip the socket.

I know this from experience, and installing lots over the years I worked as
a mechanic.

Bob Winslade
1966-1600 Missy
1967-1600 Bender