Re: [Roadsters] The Datsun Roadster Book

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>, "'Roadster List'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] The Datsun Roadster Book
From: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 22:34:33 -0700
And another take:
Since I've yet to see pictures of, let alone see an actual copy of the FSM,
buying these books was a no-brainer.

My previous book was a poorly photocopied copy of the Clymer manual... not a
bad publication by itself, but my copy resembled a mish-mosh collection of
bits and pieces of previous articles than a concise and sequentally ordered
book.  Talk about hard to find information!

I finally scored a Parts Manual.... but that doesn't explain how they go
together or what to avoid.

The Datsun Roadster Book, even to a non-grease mechanic such as myself (I'm
a bodyman), explained items that would have otherwise been incomprehensible.
And yet, there are items that are more complex than what I can understand,
but from what has been explained to me, they are the kind of exacting specs
that the grease-mechanic DOES want.  (No offense to anyone that does do
"grease-work", but in mixing/applying filler you don't use a scale or
measuring calipers and grease is a definite no-no.)