[Roadsters] Carb Problems

To: Datsun roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Carb Problems
From: Jim Gammon <gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 13:58:41 -0700 (PDT)
   Well, Davce advised I set the idle setting for the seat/jet at .060
   below the top of the tube it rides in. That worked the trick! I owe
   him a beer.

   On these carbs, it is much more than 1 turn down from the stop, I'd
   say one is about 3 turns, the other 2.5 turns.

   It seems the setting of 1 turn down from the stop at the top is for
   carbs that are correctly put together. I set the jets to .060, and all
   is well.

   Unfortunately, the dog bone fell apart, so I had to stop any
   adjustments until the engine cools down.

   But she idles. I'll do the 2000 rpm mixture later.

   I also have to figure out how the dog bone fell apart.

   Jim