[Roadsters] 1968 1600 for sale

To: All list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] 1968 1600 for sale
From: Leigh Brooks <shifty@shiftco.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 21:14:19 -0700
The rat is for sale!

You can see the history of this car at http://www.shiftco.com/
features/the_rat/index.html

1968 Datsun 1600 roadster
SPL311-20000

Clear Oregon title
Registered as Special Interest Vehicle

This car is very close to being a good driver and had been a great
project for me. I have a '69 2000 and a '67.5 2000 project car as
well as a baby on the way - so it's time to thin the herd a bit.

Engine:
1967 3-main R-16
Head refurbed by Autosport Seattle in 2004/2005
New water pump

Transmission:
4-speed - the synchros are worn in 2nd gear

Radiator:
Needs a new radiator

Clutch:
New master and slave cylinder
2000 clutch and pressure plate balanced to resurfaced flywheel - this
clutch grabs really nice!

Brakes:
New master cylinder
New rear pistons
Rebuilt front calipers
Stainless steel flex lines
Nice firm pedal, stops straight

Electrical:
The entire electrical system has been gone through, repaired and all
connectors cleaned.
Optima red top battery
All gauges work - radio does not

Interior:
Has a dash cap
New interior vinyl and carpet
Was stripped and treated with Eastwood rust convertor
Early roadster seats without headrests
Custom shifter console

Body:
Pretty good for a rat - has a few rust bubbles and patched floorboards
Lower passenger front fender needs repair
Paint has lots of battle scars

Trim:
Repro 1500 stainless steel grille
All badges are present
All trim is there
Nice tail lights
Tex fender mirrors

Tops:
Comes with a round porthole window hardtop
Has soft top frame (no soft top)
New tonneau cover, no top boot

Extras:
Comes with original matching red hood
Nicely patina'd front bumper

Wheels:
The car currently has a set of powder-coated stock roadster wheels
with cheap tires - I'd like to keep these wheels, so I can give the
new owner 5 stock roadster wheels with tires that hold air.

I also have a set of black 14x5.5 powder-coated Z-car wheels with
beauty rings that were intended for this car. They are 1/2 inch wider
than roadster wheels. They are on my '69 2000 with a set of Yokohamas
that I want to keep. We can work out which wheels/tires will go with
the car.

Needs:
Radiator
An EI dizzy and coil would be a great upgrade!
Front brake hard lines should be replaced
Lower passenger front fender needs repair

Price:
$2500

Located in Hood River, OR
Happy to answer any questions!