[Roadsters] Roadster running

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Roadster running
From: <garytew@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:51:43 -0500
It's alive!  I successfully fired it up yesterday.  The VG30 swap has been
challenging but fun.  I'm using the Megasquirt EFI computer to control
everything.  There's a lot of fine tuning ahead but I drove it out of the
garage for the 1st time in about 13 years!

Lately, I had to spend hours chasing down brake line leaks.  I used one of the
basic cheapo flare tools.  I wound up replacing several of the flares with
sections cut off pre-flared lines using compression fittings.  I should have
checked all of this before anything else was installed and the car was still on
the rack.  20/20 hindsight.  Also, for some reason, I only tightened about half
of the fuel line fittings when I built and installed them.  A quick test of the
fuel pump reminded me of that but everything snugged up fine.

My power window mod isn't working to well.  With new fuzzies in the window
tracks, there is too much resistance for the motors to overcome.  I'm modding a
door now to use a straight track hot rod power window kit with a much bigger
motor.  Updates to come.  With this kit, I need the window glass to be about
1.5" shorter.  Since tempered glass can't be cut, I ordered new custom side
windows from Peninsula Glass Co., in Vancouver.  They take my template and cut
the glass to size and then run it through the heating process that tempers it.
I'll document it on my website and update the progress.

Sorry for being long winded.  I can't get the smile off my face.

Happy Holidays to all.
Gary Tew
Phoenix, AZ
www.members.cox.net/garytew