Re: [Roadsters] X-Country

To: <gregs672liter@netzero.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] X-Country
From: "Guy" <sales@foilgraphics.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 13:30:52 -0700
My family has lived in Pinetop Lakeside, AZ since 1974.   I have traveled
that highway (route 60) from metro Phoenix through the Salt River Canyon at
least 2,000 to 3,000 times.  I have almost hit a javalina,  the biggest grey
owl that has ever been created,  a rock the size of a washing machine,
horses, cattle, deer, and  vultures.  Elk always make me the most nervous.
They are as big as a house, like to walk down the center of the road and
they move in large groups.  I have seen as many as 25 to 50 at a time.  They
are very unpredictable.  They can move fast or stand and look stupid.  I am
really sorry your number came up.  You were very, very lucky.  Those suckers
kill people on a regular basis.  Your car and nose can be repaired and you
have one hell of a story to tell.  Thanks for the photos.  I will slow down.
Too bad.  That road is really fun to drive....fast.
Guy
67.5
Chandler, AZ