RE: What ever happened to Johnnay's Fairlady Zed?

To: 'Michael Knorr' <mhknorr@msn.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: What ever happened to Johnnay's Fairlady Zed?
From: John Wightman <johnwightman@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 01:21:05 -0800
Awww, shucks, nice to know somebody cares!

Free time is a commodity I have precious little of these days... but there
HAS been progress!

-90% of the frame is finish welded now
-The engine has been fitted and the crossmember and tranny mount welded in
-The engine should be back from the machinist's this week or next (forged
pistons/rods, balanced etc.)
-My new garage is up and just needs to be wired (which will obviously speed
progress on the car!)

I'll try to get an update on the car and website soon, but don't hold your
breath... work is nuts right now, and #2 baby is on his way at the end of
Dec or early Jan..!

Oh, and my wife still thinks I'm crazy, but she allows me my mechanical
dalliances, as long as I keep bringing home the bacon and taking her to
Hawaii every year..!!

Johnnay