Re: Knobs and Door Channels and stuff

To: "peter harrison" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Knobs and Door Channels and stuff
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:03:56 -0800
> 1) What to use to 'highlight' the various knobs where the white has faded.

I use water-based white-out, applied with the tip of a toothpick. Can
be cleaned and reapplied if an oopsie occurs.

> 2) I am trying to replace the rear driver side window channel.
>    a) do i need to take the door locking assemply out
No. Then again, the brackets were broken on mine so it came out
pretty easily :-)

For those that don't realize it, if your door makes an annoying
'clunking' sound when you shut the door, more than likely the
channel brackets are broken and you're hearing the glass slamming
around in there...

>    b) which way to install it
What do you mean? It only fits one way.
You mean, how to get it in? As I recall, roll the window all the
way up and work it into place, but honestly I don't recall so someone
else will have to chirp in.

> 3) I am no longer certain of which knobs I should have for a '70 1600.

Sorry, '68 and '69 here...

-- John