Re: decision time - paint job or restoration project? ["Paul

To: LKroencke <lee_kroencke@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: decision time - paint job or restoration project? ["Paul
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 14:20:23 -0700
Hello Everyone,   I am not that handy so my final cost will ultimately be
more that of Paul's Miata.  I am pretty sure that going through a vendor
(frame off) would also put the cost up there.  I am still glad that I have
undertaken the project.  The only problem will be trying to recoup costs
should I have an accident or it burns up.  Most daily drivers for sale out
there have been in the $3,000 to $7000USA range.  How does a guy have a
chance of recovering all those hard earned dollars?  I occasionally find a
higher cost roadster for sale but they are limited.    My insurance company
is always telling me I should be getting a new appraisal.  Not sure how an
appraiser can help me boost the price.  I  believe that vehicle demand or
lack thereof is the key.  Added note:  My beast is registered, running w/
225 miles on rebuilt engine and ready for paint.  I have nearly caught up
with all my cost entries to a spreadsheet.  Larry.