Re: New Battery

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Battery
From: "John Friederich" <j.f@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 20:56:11 -0800
> anyone put the battery in the trunk?  i'm rebuilding the car and thinking
of
> doing that.

OPINION follows...

Yes, plenty have, although I can't think of a really compelling reason to do
it.  Weight distribution?  What, 30 lbs or so is going to make a difference
in our 35 year-old cars?  Thats about 5 gallons of gas in weight...

There is plenty of room under the hood, and precious little in the trunk as
it is... I can bring a little more wine back from Solvang in the boot but it
would get too warm storing it under the hood.

My wife's Miata has a tiny gel  in the boot, but there is no room under the
hood for some AA's, much less a real battery...

OK, I'm done.

John F
LV, NV
'69 2000 with a DieHard under hood