Re: sticking throttle

Subject: Re: sticking throttle
From: Chris Coker <cfcoker@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:42:15 -0400
Also keep in mind that as the engine heats up, the aluminum intake
manifold will expand (get longer).  I'm not sure which one would have
the greatest effect, but the two phenomenon combined can affect idle,
if there's not enough slack in the cable.

Victor is 100%, you need some slack, but your linkage should open the
throttles completely.

Another thing people often miss if you are looking for that last
little bit of performance is matching butterfly positions at wide
open throttle (WOT).
Getting the linkages balanced at idle is a good first step, but is no
guarantee that the butterflies will still be matched at WOT.  They'll
be pretty close, but if you're racing, and want that extra bit of
performance, it's worth tinkering a bit with the linkage.

Chris Coker