RE: GPS as a speedometer

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GPS as a speedometer
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:42:53 -0700
I vote for a cheap (like ten bucks) Sigma wired bike computer-don't use
wireless it won't work.  You can mount the sensor to the body and a magnet
to the drive shaft program in the circumference of your tires and you are
off to the races.  They are also pretty super accurate compared to you
average car speedo-not sure about modern computerized speedos though.....

        Daniel Neuman
        Oakland Ca

$Subject: GPS as a speedometer
$
$Hi everybody,
$
$My speedometer is not working, I believe it to be something with the
$connection to the transmission.  My thought is I would have to work on this
$when the engine/transmission is pulled.  As I hope this won't be for
sometime,
$I was pondering using a GPS mounted on the dash as a speedometer.  Has
anyone
$done this?  Is the theory sound? Opinion as always are welcome.
$
$Jones Barton
$Steilacoom WA