RE: On retorquing.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: On retorquing.
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:16:00 +0000
Marcus's right about the bolts,

but I've had a head gasket fail after a retorque.
Having said that, it was probably 25 years old,
but when I retorqued it, the water jacket failed to
the OUTSIDE of the block.

After I pulled the gasket, I discovered that the thing
was crumbly- the movement of the retorque caused it to leak...

I suspect it wouldn't have lasted much longer no matter what I did.

Toby

From: "Marcus Pryor" <banshee16@starband.net>