Re: CARB FLOAT BOWL LEAKING

To: pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: CARB FLOAT BOWL LEAKING
From: LJordan704@netscape.net
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:29:48 -0400
Pat,
Well I was wondering because the brass floats I have have been in the car for
at least 10 years though most of thee time the float bowls were dry because the
car was under restoration. I will get a back up set of floats though. Handy to
have in the car.

Linda
68 1600
Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

>Linda,
>
>Yea, you would think so, but I bought 2 new brass floats from the dealer
>and both of them sank within a year, within 2 weeks of each other.  It
>may have been that they were in the same batch at the factory and had a
>manufacturing defect, I can't say. The floats I replaced with the brass
>floats were also brass. They were in the car for about 10 years before
>they sank. The plastic floats did fine for about 5 years, then I parked
>the car "for a few months" for an engine overhaul. That was 2.5 years
>ago. I "think" I will get to the overhaul this summer, unless something
>else comes up as a higher priority!
>
>Let's hear other's tales of brass vs. plastic floats!
>
>Peace,
>Pat
>
>LJordan704@netscape.net wrote:
>
>>Pat,
>>I thought the brass floats would be more durable than the plastic. I think
>they are more expensive though.
>>Linda
>>68 1600

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.