front pad retraction after caliper rebuild

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: front pad retraction after caliper rebuild
From: "H Bahn" <jh.bahn@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 10:18:29 -0400
I replaced my front disc pistons, pipes, etc. on my roadster. When bleeding
the brakes, I notice that once the brake pedal is released, the pads are
still in contact with the rotors - to the extent that the resistance is
noticeable, e.g., the tire/wheel will not turn freely.  They are correctly
assembled and the pipes are correct and not cross threaded.  No leaks and
stainless steel lines, good pedal pressure. I tired removing the pads,
retracting the pistons fully and replacing the pads (twice) but the problem
persists.  The problem is most prevalent on the LF wheel; to a lesser extent
the right has some resistance as well.  Ideas?

JH Bahn