RE: U20 block and crank question

To: <Davesmbox@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: U20 block and crank question
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:38:53 -0700
I've encountered several U20 cranks that had developed cracks. It could be
that this is what they are talking about needing to weld up. I always
Magnaflux a crank before I have any machine work done on it.

If they are planning on only sleeving one cylinder, then it would have to be
bored out to match the other ones. If they are oversize, then it will be,
too.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org