New and Minimum Head Thickness

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New and Minimum Head Thickness
From: "jm.rider@verizon.net \(Jon and Maggie Rider\)"
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:46:02 -0800
Hi All,
A quick question for The List with an apology for not saving the answer
earlier.

I'm interested in knowing the thickness of an unshaved head and also what is
considered the minimum head thickness without having to go to additional
measures (gaskets/shims, etc).  Looked in my Clymer  'Datsun Sport Car'
manual but can't seem to find it.  If it's there, please tell me where.

We're getting to the engine work in my son's project:  Car is now in the
body/piant shop.  We actually have several heads to pick from and the
overall head thickness is one of the factors that we want to take into
consideration when deciding which head to go with.  Feedback from the list
would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jon
Bothell, WA