RE: questions about a roadster on ebay

To: <BARTERDUDE@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: questions about a roadster on ebay
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:19:53 +1030
"I thought I knew a lot about the 1500 roadsters, but someone has  a '65
1500 showing on the website.  It looks a little strange.  No  rear seat, and
I thought all the 1500's had the third seat.  The dash looks  like a 66 with
toggle switches and my 63 and 64's didn't have those.  I had  a 66 with
toggle switches.
Can someone shed some light on the '65 Fairlady?  Thanks.
Gary Lasater  - Parker CO"

Hi List and Gary,
The '65 SP(L)310 was described as a "transition" model.
It had the G15 engine with 3 bearing crank but twin Hitachi/SU carbs.
No 3rd seat and battery in the engine bay.
The remainder of the car was substantially the same as the succeeding 1600
with the R16 engine.

"The '65 1500 was one of the shortest lived model variants and accounted for
about 1,500 of the almost 7,000 SP(L)310's made."
Source, "Fair Lady, Japans first Sports Car" by Phill Brook, an excellent
reference.

I'm having a G15 engine re-conditioned as we speak and surprise, surprise,
most parts are common for the G15, R16 and to some degree, the H20 engines.
I purchased a full engine gasket set for the R16 and the important
parts,i.e. head, manifold, sump, crank, valve cover gaskets/seals are
compatible with the G15!
I will post some pics. Of the "new" engine as soon as I get it home....
after paying for it : (
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310