69 2000 GM wiring and installation help

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 69 2000 GM wiring and installation help
From: Paul Souza <pauljsouza@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:05:36 -0800 (PST)
Hi Everyone,

  I am in the process of installing a GM type alternator and changing my wiring
to accommodate the new system.  I am also installing a new wiring harness for
my dash and engine compartment but I want to protect them because they were
expensive.
  I am also concerned about protecting the dash harness, amp meter, starter,
and battery.

  Can anyone please send me their advice and instructions on what they did ?  I
checked out the 311s.org site but I need more information.

  My cousin suggests truck breakers to protect the amp meter and I have also
received suggestions on fusible links but I would appreciate advice from people
on the club that have been successful.

  Thanks for listening,

  Paul Souza
  69 2000