Re: Aliens stole my sideview mirror

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aliens stole my sideview mirror
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 08:56:01 -0600
actually, you can put the mirror any place you want.  you can even put it in
the fender!

just a note - on my triumph it is on the very very front of the door, and is
pretty useful.

on my mgb it is not so forward and much less useful.

i, like you, have the choice of mounting my mirror wherever i choose.
although i risk becoming a dpo, i think i will put it forward, on the
fender, but close to the door.  this is more difficult to adjust (harder to
reach) but i think will be worth it as i will get more view out of it.

for the antenna, the dpo welded up the hole on the front driver side fender.
it's inline with the hood/cowl joint, and about three inches (roughly) away
from the hood/fender joint.  i'm going to have to undo his not very
handiwork.  he even left the antenna hanging in there . . .

i would recommend either an automatic antenna, which comes down, or, my
preference, one with a removable stalk so i can put the car cover on.  i
found one at pep boys which also has an amplifier, which you wire into the
fuse box.  i put that on my mg.  i don't know if that's an improvement,
however, in that i don't have the radio working on that car  yet . . .