68 2000 needs new home!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 68 2000 needs new home!
From: John Hisey <tgbo@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:42:09 -0600
68 roadster with rebuilt engine, gas tank has been cleaned and
lined--this car came to me when a friend (who had owned it for many
years) had to move it or crush it. The body has some surface rust, and
the interior is pretty beat up, although the radio is still there and
the top frame with raggedy top. The engine starts and runs, but the
carbs are in need of loving care. The tranny is okay (replaced to cure a
fifth gear neutral) and the original is available for parts. It was
stripped for paint prep, so all the lights and emblems are in the
trunk..:). Located now in Tuscaloosa, Al, occupying a set of jackstands
for the past two years. Love to have it go somewhere for rebuild or all
those parts and drivetrain that someone needs. The tub is just too good
to go to the crusher, so pricing is low, and I will deliver within
reasonable distance within the Southeast for my expenses. Engine was
rebuilt after the usual timing chain problem, "never could get it to run
right after that"...reset the plug wires and she fires right up -- so
the engine is essentially no miles since rebuild.

Contact:
John Hisey
205-310-0522