19th annual Datsuns at the Glen

To: drone@drone-club.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 19th annual Datsuns at the Glen
From: "Dana Scribner" <dscrib2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:24:57 -0400
Well East Coast people it is Watkins Glen time again. In about 3 weeks we
will be gathering at the site of the first American grand prix racecourse.
As in years past there are a lot of things happening. You can check them out
at:
http://www.grandprixfestival.com/index.html for lodging and other things go
to http://www.schuylerny.com

On Friday during the reenactments (they bring the race cars down from the
track and run them through the town) look for the DATSUN HILL banner at
Milliken's corner and join the crowd.  Dont forget your whistle!

After the reenactment, DRONE (Datsun Roadster Owners of New England) will be
holding a cookout at the Thee Golden Knight Inn. Everyone is invited; all we
ask is that you let us know if you are coming. We will supply burgers (beef)
and hot dogs, rolls & chips. You will need to bring your own drinks and if
you would like to bring a dish or something to share that would be
appreciated. Please contact Dana Scribner dscrib2@hotmail.com before Tuesday
AM or let one of us know during the week. Datsun race teams are always
warmly welcomed and Roadster teams from NC are a highlight.

As always, on Saturday morning there will be the Show & Shine in the state
park parking lot. Get there by 8:30 and parking is free. Afterwards some
will be headed to the wineries, the racetrack (they tell me there is one)
and others to an airplane museum. If it is the Curtis Wright museum I have
been there and it is a nice ride and very interesting museum. He was a
little ahead if his time.

Saturday night is the bonfire, awards and raffle in pavilion in the state
park.

For contact information, other then the cookout, contact
Crawford Griffith
11037 Rutledge drive
North Potomac, MD 20878

CrawfordGriffith2concast.net

There will be t-shirts for sale all weekend and if you cannot make it and
would like on please contact Crawford.

Thanks in advance to everyone who makes this weekend possible.

Dana