Re: Frozen Wheel!

To: racery@comcast.net, roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Frozen Wheel!
From: Matthew Cox <oscilloscope500@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:02:22 -0700 (PDT)
My first thought was a seized caliper, but since the brakes are completely
non-functional (car has sat for a LONG time, brake pedal goes to the floor, etc
etc) it didn't seem to make sense. Why would - and how could - the caliper
suddenly close itself just by sitting there? Of course, I know next to nothing
about brake systems (learning one car system at a time) so this could very well
be what happens. How does this happen?

Thanks for the idea...I will try your trick tomorrow.

Matthew...

racery@comcast.net wrote:

98% chance it's the caliper-

wedge a screwdriver under the pads, and lever them away from the rotor. Off you
go.

2% chance it's garden gnomes gone bad. Run away. Far, far away.