Re: anti-theft devices

To: Donna and Terry Cost <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Subject: Re: anti-theft devices
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:34:02 -0500
This brings to mind something else I though of years ago.  Make a small
smoke bomb that can be mounted under the dash, with an electric fuse,
and a 30 second timer. Once the thief gets out of the parking space, he
is not going to want to stick around, so when smoke starts coming out of
the car, he is out of there!

As an aside, back in the '40's my father kept having trouble with is
brother stealing his cat so he ran a high tension lead from one of the
spark plus to a bare wire just under the seat fabric. It really gave my
uncle a surprise! Good thing the car didn't start before he let go of
the start button!

Peace,
Pat\