RE: Rear Brake Drums

To: <slowboy@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rear Brake Drums
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:01:12 +0930
Back in the 70's, the 510 racers fitted the 240Z finned drums to their rear
ends and the 240Z racers fitted the cast iron 510 drums to their cars.
?????????????????????
I have fitted the alloy drums to the rear of my SP310 chassis and I think
there is a minor problem with the wheel studs.
The SP310 are UNC and the metric holes in the drum are, I believe, slightly
larger (12mm).
This may give a centering problem, not yet proven by measuring runout
though.
Dimensionally, ID is 9" (228.6mm) max. is 9.04" (229.6mm) IDENTICAL to the
SP310 dimensions.

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310
1971 P510
1972 PL510
1973 HS30
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide
South Australia.

Finned and not finned brake drums. Is one better than the other and are they
interchangable? Might as well asked the inner diameter new and minimum as
well??