Re: Cast Iron Head vs Aluminum Head

To: MVaughn120@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cast Iron Head vs Aluminum Head
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:28:46 EST
Shelly,

    The aluminum head will work fine. One thing to  check for when you start
assembly is piston to head clearance. Sit the head on  the engine with no head
gasket. Turn the engine over. The pistons should not  bump the head. If they
do then the head has been milled a bit much. The area  between the valve
pocket and the edge of the chamber is where they hit. This  "shelf" area can be
machined down to give the required clearance. Also, if it  has been milled that
much your combustion chambers will be a bit small and  different sizes. The
original size was 50 cc. If you want the extra compression  just enlarge the
smaller chambers to match the largest.

keith

In a message dated 3/25/2005 5:30:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,