Lower Spindle Bushings

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lower Spindle Bushings
From: <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:25:56 -0500
Wow, the lower spindle bushings are a pain. My 1/2" 500 ft/lb impact wrench got
them off slowly and left me hanging on the replacements. I got them in and
stopped short at a 1/4". Thought I was going to have to go to a 3/4" impact
wrench in the 800 ft/lb area but lucky for me there were none available in the
area.

So, I took a shot at a 1/2" 625 ft/lb impact wrench and it was much easier off
and on. The reason I told you all that was to let those in the market for an
impact wrench that the price was nice.

An Ingersoll-Rand of the same specs was $189.00 and this one I just got came in
at $79.99 which totally beat the $300.00 I would have spent on the 3/4" @ 1100
ft/lbs.

The impact wrench is called the earthquake by Central Pneumatic at Harbor
Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Category.taf?categoryid=321&pricetype=S&categoryname=AIR%20TOOL%20IMPACT%20WRENCHES