Re: spring replacement help!

To: Matt Jacquet <matt@vander-bend.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spring replacement help!
From: Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:15:41 -0800 (PST)
Hi Matt,

The springs should work okay. My understanding is that
the Datsun Sports springs were patterned after the
original comp.springs from Nissan.

The springs (along with the original comp springs from
Nissan) are a bit smaller on the ID, but it shouldn't
pose a problem.

You shoudln't need to clean off the powder coat on the
ID. When the spring is installed, the ID should still
allign properly. Once yout hit the first couple of
bumps, the spring should seat properly.

PS- Don't forget that you will need to cut the bump
stops to about half the original height.

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA
1966 SPL311
1967 SRL311