Windshield Stainless Trim Install

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshield Stainless Trim Install
From: "Eric Hankinson" <eric@railpros.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 23:29:59 -0600
Thanks to everyone who responded.  I called a professional glass installer
and he was able to come to my house earlier this evening.  He commented that
my rubber was pretty old, but that he may as well take a crack at it (or
make some cracks in it anyway!). Since I may paint my car in the near
future, I did not feel like buying new rubber yet.  It took US an hour and a
half to do the job.  It took both of us and all four hands to muscle on the
trim and it kept popping off at the ends. Our persistence finally prevailed
and we successfully got the gasket in place in the windshield with the top
and bottom trim in place. Then we mounted the windshield into the frame.
Then he placed the side trim and corner pieces.  We used a ton of glass
cleaner and made a big mess, but it looks great!

I suppose I can polish the stainless trim in place, right?

Eric Hankinson
1969 2000
302 V8